Wednesday 19 November 2008

American Romantics 11/5/2008 by Amir Elzeni

As the dreamer's eyes open
the world changes
and barriers become
steps

life changing moments hovering
close in our minds
memories relentlessly
knocking

we grow up carrying close
what we never tell
yet it's right here
on us

can't blame our minds wild
taking off on a wink
sprinkling cinnamon
chances

holding out for some magic
lit deep within us
despite our needs
alone

taking the hard road home
rising above the pain
beating the odds
humbly

whispering in our own hearts
fireworks at midnight
pointing at the moon
knowing.




Amir Elzeni, USA

1 comment:

Gordon Mason said...

This is a wonderful poem. I particularly liked "taking off on a wink sprinkling cinnamon chances".

I don't want to poach but could Amir send a poem to me to post on my blog? I would be really pleased. www.catapulttomars.blogspot.com