Sunday 15 July 2007

Blue – Oil on Canvas by Ashok Niyogi

a molten yellow moon
throws jagged crescent light
on eyelids stretched thin blue
over infinite observed sadness
snakes writhe in total delight

with my third incandescent eye
I contemplate a blue ocean
of immortal nectar
in which is submerged
this beautiful blue world

coiled white underbelly
of the final serpent
is a bed for the ultimate
blue god whose navel sprouts
blue lotus with a thousand petals

on which I squat
four headed and beget
the will to populate
all directions of the blue wind

our world has risen from the deep
on the tusks of the infinite blue boar
in an eternal blue sky
time germinates in blue flame
the god into whom I was to devolve

even after
I go about collecting accumulated sin
I covet
and get

poison distilled from blue ocean
and this is my offering to his divine throat
that turns blue
what remains is nectar
to nourish blue lotus
on which his blue feet will rest

this truth
is best……………………


Ashok Niyogi, California, USA

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Ashok Nyog's book TENTATIVELY,
is published by iUniverse,2021PineLakeRoad,Suite
100,Lincoln,NE 68512 www.iuniverse.com 1-800-288-4677
ISBN : 0-595-33935-2.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous